Sifu Bryant Fong and students will be performing selected wushu and tai chi forms during the flower festival in San Francisco Chinatown. Come and support Chinese martial arts!
Date: February 11, 2018
Time: 3:00 PM
Place: Washington and Kearny Streets, San Francisco Chinatown
Sifu Fong and students will be performing between 1:00 PM and 1:30 PM on Saturday, September 30, 2017.
We invite you to attend the seventh Southeast Asian Arts & Culture Exhibition celebrating the mid-autumn harvest season! The Exhibition helps promote and preserve the arts and culture of the Southeast Asian American communities in San Francisco, specifically highlighting the Indo-Chinese refugee communities which have a long history in the Tenderloin neighborhood of San Francisco. We will have representatives from the Burmese, Champa, Cambodian, Filipino, Laotian, Thai, and Vietnamese communities. Come celebrate the Mid-Autumn Harvest Festival with us and learn more about the different Southeast Asian cultures!
Where: Tenderloin Children’s Playground, 570 Ellis Street, San Francisco CA 94109
When: September 30, 2017, 11:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please contact:
- Ms. Hang To at (415) 298-3705
- Mr. Sirch Chanthyasack at (415) 680-4027
- Email: email@example.com
- 11:30 – Door Open – Cultural Arts Exhibitions
- 12:00 – Outdoor Program Kickoff – Live Music Entertainment / Soccer Tournament
- 12:30 – Food for Sampling
- 01:30 – Pandan Waffles Demonstration
- 02:45 – Lantern Parade
- 03:00 – Papaya Salad Demonstration, Wushu Martial Arts Workshop on Soccer Field
- 04:00 – Closing
Master Yang will be teaching Baguazhang seminar classes over the week of March 13-20, 2016. Listed below are the times and prices. All seminars take place at Japantown YMCA, 1530 Buchanan St, San Francisco (apart from the March 16 Long Xing class). To sign up for the limited spaces, please contact Sifu Fong at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Package Cost for Multiple Seminars
- Two Seminars: $300
- Three Seminars: $350
- Four Seminars: $475
Weekend Series (Dan Cho)
- One Session: $150
- Two Sessions: $250
- Dan Cho (Bagua Basic Palm Changes and Techniques)
- Sunday March 13 — 1:30-4:00 PM (possible additional session in morning TBA)
- Saturday March 19 — 9:30-11:30 AM, 3:30-6:30 PM
- Sunday, March 20 — 10:30-3:30 PM (This session is TBA)
2. Seven Star Staff
- Price: $250
- Monday – Friday, March 14-18, 9:30-11:30 AM
3. Judge’s Pencil (Baguazhang Weapon)
The “judge’s pencil” is a weapon similar to a steel writing brush. Metal chopsticks can be used in place of the actual “pencil.”
- Price: $250
- Monday, March 14, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Tuesday, March 15, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Wednesday, March 16, 1:30-3:00 PM
- Thursday, March 17, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Friday, March 18, 1:30-3:30 PM
4. Long Xing (Baguazhang Dragon Form)
Locations of evening dinners with Master Yang
- Sunday, March 13 — Village Pizzaria
- Saturday, March 19 — Dragon River
- Sunday, March 20 — Bennihana
To sign up for the limited spaces, please contact Sifu Fong at email@example.com.
Master Yang will be traveling to the San Francisco Bay Area March 13-20, 2016 to give seminars on Liang-style baguazhang, the week following the March 12, 2016 CMAT tournament.
- Seven-Star Staff
- Dragon form
- Swimming Dragon
- Dan Cho
- Advanced Basics
Please see Sifu Bryant Fong if you would like to sign up!
Sifu Fong and students will be performing at 2:00 PM at the Mid-Autumn Festival in San Francisco, September 26, 2015. The event is hosted by the Southeast Asian Arts and Culture Coalition. See the link below for details and driving directions.
Sifu Fong and students will be performing at the 2015 Dragon Boat Festival, held on Treasure Island. Performance time is 12:30 on the main stage. Sifu Fong and students will be performing several rare Baguazhang forms, including Dingshibazhang group form and Deerhorn Knives. See the official website for details: